Friday, November 6, 2009

November already?!

Can you believe it? I can't. I remember my parents remarking how fast the days, weeks and months went by when I was a kid. I also remember thinking they were loco...because to me the hours drug by. As almost all that your parents say that you don't believe holds true when you yourself are a parent, I find myself wondering how it can be the end of another year. Yes, I know that in theory there are two more months in 2009, but they will fly by in a whoosh I know.
Which is, of course, why I have added the last two months to the timeline that I had for myself to get this business up and running. I thought for sure I'd be out talking to mothers returning to work and clients hungry to find these incredible job-share people...but alas; I am not. I'm still pulling together the information I need for my business plan, still updating my resume (what the hell DID I do in 1998?), and still putting text together for my website. I know that I can get it all done by the end of the year, and be ready to hit the ground in 2010, but it asks of me a whole new battery of questions about moms and how they can do it all well. Mind you, I'm asking the questions without any of the answers. Does it really matter if I haven't done laundry in 2 weeks? Or that I sweep only when people come over to visit (my ONLY motivator to do any type of cleaning these days - shame is still a powerful tool!)? What does this delicate balance that we struggle with look like? I know for me, I've released alot of the expectation I felt from outside forces, let go of my need to control everything at all times, surrendered to the chaos that is my home, reveled in the joy from happy children's faces, transformed the idea of what a mother needs to look like today in home and at work. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment