Friday, October 23, 2009

It's been a good week!!

Yeah!!! I am finally starting to feel like I might be able to do this work thing!!
I had less time to work this week, and feel like I actually got alot done - bodes well for this idea that women can work faster and more productively when they are squeezed for time...(not like we aren't all doing that now anyway).
I have been able to register my business, put an ad in the paper, put a web-site space saver up (www.tinashattuck.com), start working on my website design with a talented and experienced designer (did I mention that SHE is my dear friend who is an AMAZING designer - www.allireid.com), and get my first JOB ORDER (thanks go out to another powerful woman friend)!! All in all, I'm feeling pretty cool...

Another friend of mine who has started and successfully sold numerous businesses was asking me about WMR - and I was telling him about all of my ideas. After thinking a minute, he asked me if I was starting a business or launching a CAUSE. Well, I've been doing some thinking about that, and have decided that I'd really like to do both. This idea that mothers can have the balanced life that we all crave should be a given, not a struggle. It makes me think that I need to do more than create a company where I support and live that myself, but rather create something that does more - that actually changes the way we ALL (mothers, women, men, the government, the US, the world) see the role of the the caretaker in our lives and workplace. So...yes, I am launching a CAUSE as well as a business!!! Do they have to be mutually exclusive? Some may tell me yes, but I say - HELL NO!!!

You say you want a revO-LUUU-tion - weellllll you know - we all want to change the world...
You say you a want a real so-LUUU-tion, weelllll you know, we all want to see the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment