Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two weeks later..

Well...here I am, over two weeks since my last blog. I guess this just goes to show you how incredibly difficult we all know it is to find time for everything. One little blip, and you've come up for air 15 days later!!
I am not discouraged though - only more determined to find out how this delicate balance of family and marriage and work and self defines itself. I'm encouraged by the knowledge that I've gotten over the past few weeks from my fellow mother friends, whether working outside of the home or not. I'm encouraged because I know we all feel similar things - and that we are not alone in wanting to re-define what this picture looks like to make it fit who we are today. Where I am struggling is at the point that I feel like the whole damn system needs to be changed to support us instead of us supporting it! It seems so daunting and looming and necessary and imperative! I'll need the strength and wisdom and support and laughter of all women who are ready to change the paradigm - who are ready to join the revolution to demand that we deserve to have as much of it ALL that we want!
Phew! I'm a little out of breath! Now that I got that off my shoulders - onto the housekeeping of starting a new business. Business Plan - oh Business Plan, how I loathe you but know that I have to do you in order to try to find funding...at least I can look forward to Friday nite with the kids; some sushi (everyone in my family likes it - is that weird?), some beer (only I like it thus far...hoping to keep it that way for a while), and Where the Wild Things Are (not great reviews, but need a little escapism anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment